It’s that time of year again — HOT ROD Drag Week registration is set for March with 400 entries available. It’s time to mark your calendars and commit to finishing last year’s to-do list, everyone’s favorite hell week gets closer every minute. We’ve got some minor changes to the registration and wait-list process for 2018, so take care to read through everything so that you have the best chance at a slot. As with prior years, the top three winners from each class from the prior year and all past overall winners will be emailed a private invitation to pre-register for Drag Week using a unique link. This invitation will be sent one week earlier than registration goes live to the general public.
- Save this URL, we will go live with the link — right here — on March 3, 2018, at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern.
- At that time, the registration link will be posted until the race is sold out.
- Once sold out, return to this post for a link to the wait-list form — please, do not email waitlist requests.
Remember that when registration goes live, you may need to clear your internet browser’s cache to see the live link. Learn more on how to clear your browser cache, here.
$395 + processing fee if paying by credit card. You must be at least age 18 to complete the registration transaction. If someone enters on your behalf, they MUST put you down as the driver of the car and have your correct birthdate.
What You Need to Register:
– Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial
– Street Address, City, State, Postal Code (ZIP), Country
– Email address
– Cell phone number
– Date of Birth (Month/Date/Year)
– Are you the vehicle owner? (Yes/No)
– If no, what is the owner’s name?
– Who will be racing (driving) the vehicle?
– Racer’s Date of Birth (Month/Date/Year)
– Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Color
– Vehicle License Plate State & Number
– Insurance Company Name (not the agent, the company)
– Insurance Policy Number
– 2018 Hot Rod Drag Week Class you anticipate racing in (note that this can be changed on race day)
– Anticipated e.t.
– Credit Card type, number, expiration date, and security code
– Please Read the 2018-2020 Rules and Procedures Document
Frequently Asked Questions:
– Registration is non-refundable and non-transferrable! You can’t register now and then hope to sell or give your entry to anyone else later. This is important. If you give or sell your registration to someone, they will NOT be able to enter on site.
– You can have a friend register for you AS LONG AS YOU ARE LISTED AS THE DRIVER
– The name and address fields must match the billing address of the credit card you use.
– Every field in the online form must be filled out or it will bounce back and ask you to fill them all. If you are missing information, enter TBD in the field and get the information to us ASAP!
– If your car is not yet insured, that’s OK. Just fill out something in the insurance fields so it doesn’t bounce back. HOWEVER, you will be required to present proof of real, current insurance on the race vehicle when you show up on site at Drag Week.
– Kids 16 or 17 with a valid license can race at Drag Week, but a parent or legal guardian must register and must use their credit card for the transaction. They must list their child’s name as the racer and must include the child’s date of birth. At the event, a custodial parent or guardian must be in attendance with them during registration and for the duration of Drag Week competition.
Wait-List and On-Site Registration (REVISED for 2018):
There will be no refunds of HOT ROD Drag Week registrations, so please make sure that if you register you will be prepared to race in September. If you register then find you must drop out please notify us by emailing DragWeek@HOTROD.com as soon as possible. If we sell out the race during pre-registration we will keep a wait list for all those folks who would like a shot at a spot if any open up, and the process is new for 2018 — check out the details below. We will fill any spots on a first come, first served basis as racers drop, based on the date and time we receive the wait list submission.
–If you want to race at Drag Week, but you missed registering before the entries sold out, a wait list link will be posted in this post as soon as the entries sell out. Emailed wait-list entries will not be accepted.
-Wait-list people will be placed on the list in the order in which the form submissions were received.
-If pre-registered racers email us to let us know they are dropping out before registration day, and if the total number of registered racers is below 400, we will allow the wait-list people to sign up on a first-come, first-served basis.
-If Drag Week has fewer than 400 entries when on-site registration is concluded at the drag strip on registration day, we will accept the wait-list entries that are present on site, starting with the first people on the list and working down. Once all wait-list entries are added, if the total entries are still fewer than 400, we will accept entries from other people on site who have shown up to try and race.
Dates and Tracks:
|Sunday, September 9||Atlanta, GA||Atlanta Dragway|
|Monday, September 10||Atlanta, GA||Atlanta Dragway|
|Tuesday, September 11||Darlington, SC||Darlington Dragway|
|Wednesday, September 12||Concord, NC||zMax Dragway|
|Thursday, September 13||Bristol, TN||Bristol Motor Speedway|
|Friday, September 14||Atlanta, GA||Atlanta Dragway|
The post HOT ROD Drag Week Registration Goes Go Live – HERE – March 3, 2018 appeared first on Hot Rod Network.
Source: Hot Rod
5 total views, 2 today